A hobby is an activity that is done by someone in his leisure time. The main aim of doing such a hobby is to get enjoyment and pleasure. These hobbies change from one person to another person according to their interests. Some essential hobbies that are adopted by the people during their leisure time are acting, animation, drawing, drama, book reading, and much more. Among these hobbies, book reading is an inexpensive hobby that provides a lot of benefits to its readers. If book reading is your hobby and you are not able to find some interesting books, then you can get help from experts of the academic writing services. The advantages and disadvantages of book reading are given below;
Advantages of book reading
There are a lot of advantages to reading books. Some of them are given below;
- Book reading can reduce the stress of the readers. Its reason is that during book reading, we don’t require to do any kind of special moves. As a result, our breathing system is slowed down and we feel calm down.
- Reading is also helpful for people to improve their vocabulary. Due to this impressive vocabulary, it is easy for them to explore their own point of view in an effective way. Moreover, these books are also considered as a treasure trove of knowledge.
- Book reading is also helpful for people to stimulate their imagination. As a result, their creative thinking skills are enhanced. In short, we can say that we can easily strengthen the creativity and imagination in our mind with the help of reading.
- Book reading is a way to encourage us for the thinking process. As a result, we can easily light up new ideas in our mind with the help of best reading skills.
- Book reading is also helpful for us to improve our memory. Its reason is that this essential hobby provides a chance for the students to spend some extra time thinking about those things that you have recently read.
- As we know that book reading is a treasure trove of knowledge and with the help of impressive reading skills, the students can easily improve their communication and rhetorical skills.
Disadvantages of book reading
Along with these advantages of book reading, there are also a lot of disadvantages to reading books. Some of them are given below;
- Book reading is a boring process. Most of the people don’t get enjoyment while book reading.
- Book reading is a time-taking task. As we know that there are a lot of audio books, television series, and movies are available. These audiobooks, television series, and movies require less amount of time to get an idea about a specific topic idea.
- If you are spending a lot of hours reading books, then you will face some issues of nearsightedness.
- After spending a lot of hours in book reading, you will face a lot of issues with eyes hurt and headaches.
- If you are spending a huge amount of time on book reading, then you will find less time in order to cool yourself.
- Lack of sleep is also an essential disadvantage of book reading.